How to know if you are in an abusive relationship in Kenya:
It is not hard for one to gauge if they are in an abusive relationship, as one can use the following indicators t establish this:
- Does you partner insist on accompanying you everywhere?
- Does your partner question all phone conversations with people of the opposite sex
- Is your partner overly jealous
- Does your partner control your movements
- Does your partner threaten to harm you in any way during an argument
- Does your partner restrict your contact with friends and relatives
- Does your partner always threaten to divorce or throw you out of the matrimonial house
If your answer is YES to any of the above questions, it is good for you to seek help from a friend, relative or professional counselors
Do not procrastinate seeking help when experiencing any form of violence, lest something serious actually happens to you or your children
Regarding domestic violence, we all need to ACT NOW to help those affected and help prevent new cases of domestic violence.